2.12.2008

Final Travel Packet

February 12, 2008

Just 9 days to go! I am watching the 20-ish pages of my Final Travel Packet print out here next to me. This is the last thing to do except wait and pack! Our Travel person at our agency emailed this morning and said the YMCA in Hong Kong (where we had chosen to stay our first 2 nights) went up in price to $115 a night- for the YMCA!!! And breakfast is NOT included- in fact, it's $18 PER PERSON!! What do they eat for breakfast in Hong Kong??? So we switched to some other fancy hotel where breakfast is included.... I do love a good breakfast bar. Who knows if I'll like it in Hong Kong. I tried a salad bar once in Moscow and was treated to cabbage strips and Russian dressing... for about $8 a plate.
It has been a slow week, considering we only had 3 weeks to wait after we got our Travel Approval. Once we bought plane tickets and arranged for someone to watch our kids, there is nothing much left to do but hurry up and wait. I'll admit... I have a suitcase out already with some of Garrett's new clothes in it... Alan laughed at that.

I'm packing about a dozen books to read- hey, 14+ hours is a long time on a plane.
Oooh, my packet is finished printing. Time to read it all!