February 19, 2008
It is Tuesday morning, and I should be packing. Two days from now we'll be standing in line at the airport. I am cautiously excited- that's the best way to put it. I am excited, but I am worried deep down that he will have a hard time adjusting. And it's also like my parenting skills have disappeared, which is funny, because I DO have 3 kids downstairs watching "The Sound of Music". But I'm thinking, "what will he eat?" "how can I get him to sleep?" "what will we do with him all those hours in the hotel in Nanjing?".... I know that these questions will present answers in due time, but I have to have SOMETHING to worry about.
I know that we are walking a path that God has emphatically laid out for us, and while that doesn't promise smooth sailing, I do have the comfort of knowing that I am being obedient. He will take care of us like he always does.
My next post will probably be from Hong Kong!!