2.01.2008

February 1, 2008

My 32nd birthday. I had hoped to have all children born at 30, but since Garrett Hao Ge Bowling is already 2+, I am still on track.

Last night Alan and I made the big leap and bought our plane tickets. It was a long process to find just the right fit. The prices were all similar, but we had to find longer layovers, nicer layover cities, had to leave Hong Kong late enough, arrive in Atlanta early enough... as it is, we are leaving February 21st at 9:52am on Continental- don't know that I've ever flown Continental, being more of a Delta girl myself. The longest flight I've been on was when I went to Russia 10 years ago, so this 16+hour business from Newark to Hong Kong is going to be difficult. Despite the fact that the "mom of 3 kids at home"side of me will be thrilled at the quiet, the ability to read, watch movies, not smell diapers... that novelty will wear off about 4 hours in, and that's only 1/3 of the way.

Anyway, we're supposed to be home on Wednesday, March 5. It's daunting. It's still not exactly real.