In a half-planned change of plans, we set off after spending the afternoon tubing in the local creek and eating supper along its banks to Cheyenne, WY. It was determined that losing the $35 pre-payment for the 2nd night at the teepee was not a sufficient deterrent to our heading to our next destination. We weren’t sure where that destination would be, and had to wait through a 2-hour drive into Wyoming before cell coverage allowed us to reserve our next KOA Kamper Kabin, but it was pretty clear from more than one family member that the teepee wasn’t the bedding of choice – something to do with the ratio of spiders to wife.
The kids have been pretty remarkable through seven days of travel; but to give all of us a treat, we let the kids watch a movie during the car-ride.
As it finished, and the sun finally set over the eternal skyline, it was time for the kids to sleep through the final 1.5 hour drive. As soon as it was announced that it was bedtime, Garrett started grunting… a mixture of a mild gasp for air and a forced growl… what you would hear from a USA Up-All-Night movie actor.
“Go to sleep!”… 5 minutes of grunting. Upon questioning him, “It started hurting at the end of the movie”… I’m not buying it. Five more minutes of grunting and I give him a placebo and water. Realizing he isn’t getting the desired results, Garrett begins to go into labor. A Rest Area presented itself, and it seemed the wise thing to stop.
Upon parking, Eliza perks up, “Are we there!”
“No, we’re stopping to let Garrett poop. He’s going to poop or throw up, one of the other.”
“He can do both of them.” I suppose she’s right, although I haven’t seen that one done before.
Postscript – he pooped plenty, and skipped merrily back to the car.
The kids have been pretty remarkable through seven days of travel; but to give all of us a treat, we let the kids watch a movie during the car-ride.
As it finished, and the sun finally set over the eternal skyline, it was time for the kids to sleep through the final 1.5 hour drive. As soon as it was announced that it was bedtime, Garrett started grunting… a mixture of a mild gasp for air and a forced growl… what you would hear from a USA Up-All-Night movie actor.
“Go to sleep!”… 5 minutes of grunting. Upon questioning him, “It started hurting at the end of the movie”… I’m not buying it. Five more minutes of grunting and I give him a placebo and water. Realizing he isn’t getting the desired results, Garrett begins to go into labor. A Rest Area presented itself, and it seemed the wise thing to stop.
Upon parking, Eliza perks up, “Are we there!”
“No, we’re stopping to let Garrett poop. He’s going to poop or throw up, one of the other.”
“He can do both of them.” I suppose she’s right, although I haven’t seen that one done before.
Postscript – he pooped plenty, and skipped merrily back to the car.