We begin the trip with a half-day of work, a quick show of the kids to my coworkers, and a traverse of Cobb County. Emily and Louise read their way through the 6 hour drive, feasting on HP Book 4 and 1 respectively. Garrett and Eliza… not so much.
Highlights of the day pretty much begin and end with our first ever White Castle experience in Clarksville, Tn. I’ve spent my adult life listening to the longings of the Carpetbaggers who have populated Atlanta and their pretentious comparison to Krystal. I don’t like Krystal, but I feel a responsibility to defend it for the sake of the South.
Alas, the Yankees are correct. White Castle is solidly better than Krystal; even a White Castle located in small-town Tennessee. To bring proper clarity to my perspective, however, WC’s score of 2/10 doubles Krystal’s 1/10, an intentional back-handed compliment.
A few comments along the way:
Highlights of the day pretty much begin and end with our first ever White Castle experience in Clarksville, Tn. I’ve spent my adult life listening to the longings of the Carpetbaggers who have populated Atlanta and their pretentious comparison to Krystal. I don’t like Krystal, but I feel a responsibility to defend it for the sake of the South.
Alas, the Yankees are correct. White Castle is solidly better than Krystal; even a White Castle located in small-town Tennessee. To bring proper clarity to my perspective, however, WC’s score of 2/10 doubles Krystal’s 1/10, an intentional back-handed compliment.
A few comments along the way:
- Eliza, trying to break Garrett’s concentration during a coloring competition: “Garrett, look at my belly.”
- When that didn’t work, and he was pulling away, she goes for the potty-humor jugular, “Get your BOOTY out of my face!”
- Eliza: “Mom, you bemember in Princess Bride, the bold guys says 'Hoist the fingy, and othe fingy, and thurd fingy!'”
- Garrett, staying true to his roots, “Liza, smell this napkin. You can still smell the crumbs.”
- Upon arrival to our camper cabin at Piney Camp Ground at Land Between the Lakes, Eliza “LOOK! They [the cabins] are made out of Lincoln Logs!”