We’ll do our best to keep positive. Left Land Between the Lakes, enjoyed a drive through Paducah, KY (birthplace of Stephen Curtis Chapman and Jim Gregory), downed a dozen wonderful homemade donuts, and headed to St. Louis.
Before climbing the Arch, we stop by Pappy’s Smokehouse, made famous by Man-v-Food. Yes, it is Sunday lunch, in a town where EVERY OTHER restaurant in a ten mile radius is closed for the Sabbath, which has been shown on Travel Channel for dozens of marathons… surely the line out the door is an allusion. After learning that the line represented a one hour wait to get inside, but before learning that EVERY OTHER restaurant in a ten mile radius is closed for the Sabbath, we decide to look for another establishment.
It did not go so well. At some point, Louise is quietly crying in the back of the van. “What’s the matter?” “I’m hot, I’m tired, and I’m hungry.”
Finally have to leave the city, drive to the suburbs and eat a Qdoba. Forget the Arch – just a stupid American treasure and structural engineering wonder.
Night spent at the Oak Grove KOA in Mo. Two room cabin with A/C and a pool full of old people.
Before climbing the Arch, we stop by Pappy’s Smokehouse, made famous by Man-v-Food. Yes, it is Sunday lunch, in a town where EVERY OTHER restaurant in a ten mile radius is closed for the Sabbath, which has been shown on Travel Channel for dozens of marathons… surely the line out the door is an allusion. After learning that the line represented a one hour wait to get inside, but before learning that EVERY OTHER restaurant in a ten mile radius is closed for the Sabbath, we decide to look for another establishment.
It did not go so well. At some point, Louise is quietly crying in the back of the van. “What’s the matter?” “I’m hot, I’m tired, and I’m hungry.”
Finally have to leave the city, drive to the suburbs and eat a Qdoba. Forget the Arch – just a stupid American treasure and structural engineering wonder.
Night spent at the Oak Grove KOA in Mo. Two room cabin with A/C and a pool full of old people.