7.10.2010

Very Vaccinated


According to the documents received upon arrival, Garrett had been thoroughly shot up prior to the exchange.

BUT, once setting foot on his new native soil, those who we turn to for such guidance determined that it was best to assume he was not infected with small amounts of TB, Pox, Hep, MMR and the dreaded Tetanus (I know a guy who knew a guy whose mother told him about a boy that she knew when she was a kid who knew someone who had lock-jaw), and to pump his 21 lb soaking wet 2 1/2 year old body with infectious diseases once again. It only cost us a $25 co-pay, so the more shots you got, the better the deal.

And now, 2+ years later, in preparation for K5 this fall, Garrett once again has been pricked. He has been harried since then by a small fever while hobbling all over the house. Early assumptions that he was just milking the situation, but from all attempts to trick him into not limping have failed. I think he is sore. If I was one who gave pity to others, I might call him "pitiful". Fortunately, such considerations are not available in the Bowling house.