9.29.2008

hoodwinked

so
dad and i have had these road trips over the past two months
me in the back of daddy's car
getting to walk around these big buildings, being held and prodded by pretty ladies, and ending the day with stickers
the best part: Eliza doesn't get a bit of it.

today started like all other days,
except this time Mommy came, and she brought a big book
and they gave me a shotglass of Happy Juice, which, I've got to tell you, is well worth the price of admission.
looking back at it now, I can hardly believe the things I was saying... almost drooling on myself; I can't quite put my finger on what was so funny now.
then a few ladies covered in blue papercloth wheeled me away. at the time, I had no reason not to trust my parents, and everything seemed so funny.

coming out on the other side, I can tell you one thing loud and clear: this has NOT been a funny day.
hoodwinked.
set up.
tricked.
shanghai'd (hey, that's not politically correct).
it hurts, and my stomach is achy, and i've got some metal thing coming out of my ear.
i've got a bunch of tubes attached to my ankle,
and i've got a red toe.

NO MORE car rides alone. i know now not to go anywhere without Emily, Louise and Eliza.