1.28.2011

Cool Runnings

A quick note before I crawl into my sleeping bag. It is 10:45 and we've just walked a half-mile from the movie screen to our campsite. Garrett and Eliza are fast asleep, and Mommy is reading in the warmth of the laundry room across the drive.

We cut things short at Animal Kingdom today to meet Ethan and Micah for a quick play-date at the Trail's End restaurant, with a night-cap of campfire marshmallows, singing and dancing with Chip and Dale.

As the rest of the crowd succumbed to the call of the pillow, Louise, Daddy and I shivered our way through a drive-thru style screening of Cool Runnings, which I believe is one of John Candy's last great performances. Surrounded by planners and their woolen blankets, we held ourselves close and endured.

This week has been packed full of fun. This moment will be one I proudly remember. Goodnight.