8.21.2010

We all have aspirations


On a recent rescue mission over to Mr. Duane's house, we brought along the extra-sister Alexa, seeing as though I was the dad of many.

Emily and Louise decided to take the plunge and expand their enterprises: "Alexa, do you want to join our band?"
"What's your band's name?"
"We're the Shooting Stars," Louise proudly boasts.
"And you can play any instrument you want," Emily offers.

Alexa thinks about it a moment, realizing that if you really want to make it as a band you have to dedicate yourself fully, practice in the garage at all hours of the day, grow out one side of your hair and shave the other side, and forgo college. It is a tough decision, one that may change the fate of her life. Looking into herself to see whether she could pass up this opportunity and not live a life of regret, she realizes the most important thing.

"Can I play the flute? I'll be in the band if I can play the flute."
We all have aspirations.