We have embarked upon my favorite holiday - the day each year that we celebrate kicking our proverbial parents out the door and declare our Independence.
As is our tradition, the weekend is spent at Gramma Gramma's house (Papa Boo lives here too). The upside of such a trip is two trips to the pool each day; the down side is that I end up sleeping in an oversized closet.
Today, when Mommy, Gramma, Emily and Louise disappeared on an errand, Daddy took me and Garrett to Dollar Tree and let us run the store at our leisure: $12.63 donated to the Chinese economy.
Tonight, we went to the beach, and after a nervous introduction, jumped and played and did as much as Daddy would let me before pulling me out of the water. It got a bit tight sometimes, but I was always in control. You've got to know your limit. Daddy said we can come to the beach again 'next time', but sometimes I think he and I have a different opinion as to what 'next time' exactly means.